Friday, March 19, 2010

Gone in Sixty Seconds

Did you know that it's possible to go from completely healthy to cold sweat, throwing up, passing out, and your-husband-has-to-carry-you-to-your-bed sick in around sixty seconds? I realized that amazing fact today as Steve was carrying/dragging my lifeless body from the bathroom to my bed this morning. If I passed out, I don't think I was unconscious for more than a few seconds, but I'm pretty sure I probably did that cool eyes rolling to the back of the head thing.

I'll spare you any more details, but I will mention that that is one experience I hope never to have again. I don't think I have ever felt so sick and terrified in my entire life.

Kudos to Melissa. This morning, she fed herself and her sisters breakfast and got all three of them dressed. I even heard her getting her sisters to brush their teeth. She then got herself out the door for school, and didn't even complain when I forgot to bring her lunch to school. What an awesome girl!

And, in case you are wondering, I am totally fine. Whatever weird bug I had left me a little weak, but I was pretty much better once I dragged myself out of bed. (I was understandably a little afraid to get up!)

3 comments:

Chantel said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. That sounds horrible. It's so nice to hear that you have such a great little helper for a daughter. You are truly blessed.

Mark said...

Sounds nasty! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

Mark said...

Sounds nasty! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.