Saturday, December 6, 2008

Super Saturday

We had such a great family day today. We spent the morning cleaning the house. I don't think that was the whole family's idea of a good time, but everyone helped without complaint, which made Mom a very happy lady! Next, we dropped Melissa off at a birthday party for the afternoon. I'll bet that the birthday girl's parents had no idea what a great gift they were giving the parents when they scheduled a drop-off birthday party in December! We were able to spend the next two and a half hours Christmas shopping without a curious 7-year-old! It was great! We had fun with Lacie and Megan and got shopping done!

After picking up Melissa, we headed home to quick get ready for our appointment for a free dinner at Red Robin! Our friend is the general manager there, so we got invited to one of their sneak peek days. The restaurant isn't open yet. It was a test day where the staff practices and the patrons eat for free. The atmosphere there is really fun, and we had a great time. Lacie particularly liked walking on top of the TV in the floor. She did it over and over. (Thanks, Dan and Chantel for inviting us. The restaurant is fantastic!)

After dinner, we got to come home to a clean house. I was in a great mood because I didn't have to cook dinner or do the dishes. We finished the evening with a little dancing.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas--from Lacie:


It was a great day. Don't we all need those once in a while?

At midnight, I suddenly remembered a million things I forgot to do on Saturday. Oh, well. I guess no day can be perfect, right?

1 comment:

Chantel said...

That video is so adorable. She reminds me of Jacyn the way she dances. I particularly love the way it ends with her laying on the floor with her hand on her chin, so cute.