Steve and the girls are watching a movie in the Family Room. I walked in and noticed a tiny little ball on the couch. It looked like a purple Nerds candy. I picked it up, and lo and behold, it was a rolly polly bug curled up into a ball (and dead). I escorted him to the garbage can, thinking, "Wow. I'm surprised Lacie didn't pick that up and pop it in her mouth. It looks just like candy." Just as he left my hand, Megan burst into tears and came running, sobbing, "That's my rolly polly!" Apparently she had been playing with him--rolling him around in her hand--while she was watching the movie.
She could not be consoled. She said, "But he's my friend." She finally went to the garbage can, dug him out, and lovingly took him back to the couch, where she continued to roll him around and watch the show. I explained that he was dead, and she said, "I know," and continued to watch TV.
Kids are so silly sometimes!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
ok gross. but we laughed really hard!
My girls wanted to keep the dead mouse that we caught in a trap -- be glad you only had to deal with a rolly polly!
Oh my gosh...I don't think I could handle that one...at all!!! You're such a good mom!
That is so funny! Thanks for a good laugh.
Post a Comment