Sunday, April 12, 2009

Little Einstein

I'll admit that since Megan started talking a little late, everything Lacie says seems genius to me--just because I'm not expecting it. I don't think this one is quite normal, though:

Lacie likes to watch Megan's "Leap Frog Letter Factory" video. It teaches letter names and sounds. Lacie's sheets say "BABY" all over them. The other day, I went in to pick her up from her nap and she pointed at the letters and said, "Mom. Ba, ba, ba (the sound of the letter B). A, A, A. Ba, ba, ba. Y." I think my jaw dropped to the floor.

Yesterday, she started singing the ABC song and counting to ten. No--she doesn't do it right (I'm pretty sure that 17 was in her count somewhere), but she's getting pretty close. I know, I know. Your kids all did this too, but I'm pretty proud! She's only 22 months old.

Little Dipper

At a family BBQ on Friday night, Lacie dined on hotdogs dipped in Jello/cottage cheese/mandarin orange/Cool Whip salad! Is that the most disgusting thing you have ever heard? She actually ate about five bites before she put the hot dog down, turned to me and said, "Yucky." I think she actually enjoyed those first few bites!

Later, she found some leftover grapes on Missy plate, dragged them through the leftover ketchup, and went to town. EWWWW!

She dips everything!


Here she is with a much more socially acceptable dip--Broccoli in Ranch Dressing.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Have you seen the commercials for "Your baby can read"? I think that works on a similar wavelength as the letter factory video and I've been tempted to try it with Josh and Levi (Emma can already read at 5 years old!)

I love the post-it notes at right. did you do the design of that yourself or is it a template?

I didn't know about the possible title for inheritance book 4! I hope he hurries to publish it soon, but that it's well written at the same time.

Chantel said...

Sounds like Jacyn with the dipping thing. So funny. By the way, now instead of the icon B for the blogger sign I see the Internet Explorer icon. Still no butterfly.