Thursday, September 17, 2009

Labor Day Fun


Thanks to my cousin Brigette and her family, we got to take our first-ever boat trip. We absolutely loved it! Melissa was so brave. She rode the inner tube and the banana boat. Steve even tried wake boarding. Lacie and Megan enjoyed floating in the tube (when the boat was not moving), floating in their life jackets, and playing on the beach. I enjoyed the boat, too, but I will definitely take some Dramamine next time! I didn't even occur to me that I might get boat sick. I loved floating in the water, too, but I'll admit that I had a bit of a panic attack when I jumped out of the boat into the cold water. It was so hard to catch my breath! (I felt like such a wimp!)

Thanks to Brigette and Justin, we now have a new reason to love where we live. We didn't even realize how close we were to a beach! (I don't like strangers who might read the blog to know where we live--so sorry about the cryptic location references.)

The girls had tons of fun with Brigette's four boys. The boys were so sweet and gentle with them. It was especially fun to see the boys take care of Lacie and Megan on the beach. They loved it! Kaden taught Lacie how to body surf. (Not really, but that sure is what it looked like.) Thankfully, Lacie did eventually figure out that it is more fun to jump into the wave while facing the beach than it is while facing the wave. I think she had a few tastes of lake water. Yum.

Thanks, Brigette and Justin. That's the most memorable Labor Day I can remember!

No comments: