Because Lacie is becoming more (rather than less) attached to her binkie as she gets older, the binkie "broke" last night. I've been telling her for days that it looks like it will break soon--hoping to get her ready. After it broke, she threw it in the garbage, but we had to fish it out and wash it so that she could go to sleep.
We'll just say that last night was not exactly fun. After several tears and temper tantrums, she did finally go to sleep (only to wake up several times during the night). I mostly ignored her cries because they didn't last more than a few seconds. Around three, I decided to check on her.
My heart skipped a beat when I went into her room and couldn't find her! As my eyes adjusted, I spotted her legs--sticking out from under Megan's bed! She was asleep--under the bed!
My guess is that she was mad at her binkie and tossed it during the night, then she fell asleep looking for it! Poor girl. I hope tonight is better.

4 comments:
ha ha. well, maybe not so funny for you or her. She's a big girl now.
It's about time, hee, hee. I hope your next few nights aren't too bad. The doctors usually say that it takes about three days to get a new habit to take affect, I hope that's true for you.
ooohhh. What a tough night for everyone..it will get better. We had a rough night after Sagan gave his Binkie's to Noni's twins..but after one night he was fine! Good luck.
Sorry it was a rough night. Yay for growing up and moving on to new things, though!
Post a Comment