Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Big Stretch

It's a well-known fact (well--at least to my immediate family) that I cannot and rarely have been able to touch my toes. I blame it on the fact that I have a short waist and long legs. (That means I have to stretch farther than most people, right? It can't possibly be blamed on the fact that I am simply out of shape.)

Guess what? I can now touch my toes. Why is that, you ask?

Here's what I did all day (and I do mean ALL day):


Apparently bending over for five or six hours dramatically increases flexibility (and gives one a very sore back). So, for today at least, I can finally touch my toes!

(That's three coats of paint on 12 drawers and four pedestals. I'm beat, but really proud!)

*See the doors in the back of the second picture? They are the next part of my project. ( I just have to decide what color to paint them.) I found them at the Habitat for Humanity "Restore It" store. Regular people and contractors donate building stuff--new and used (mostly used) to be sold to profit Habitat for Humanity. I found those 8-foot doors for $15 each--you can't even get 8 foot hollow doors except by special order. 8 feet + 8 feet (topped with plexiglass) will make the perfect 16 foot desk top for my project! I also found a bunch of cool looking drawer pulls. Did I mention that I am totally excited about this project?

5 comments:

Christensen Family said...

You are AMAZING!! It is going to be so cool :)

Chantel said...

They already look sooooo Awesome! I can't wait until you are finished. But then I'll be jealous. I better get busy on my projects now. :P

Chantel said...

Oh, and congrats on being able to finally touch your toes. I remember you telling me that once and I think you finally figured it out, flexibility was the problem, not your long legs and short body. Hee, hee.

Mendy said...

I am really loving watching this project unfold, Heidi! Keep those photos coming! Have you seen www.betterafter.blogspot.com? You'd love it.

Haley said...

LOVE IT!! What did Lacey destroy while you did this? tee hee. what color are you thinking for the doors?