Friday, April 9, 2010

Flashback Friday


When I was looking for an early picture of Melissa with freckles, I came across this picture. What is wrong with Melissa's hair, you ask?

Well, this is after picture from an unfortunate event involving a blender.

Here's what I wrote in my journal that night:

We just learned the hard way that Missy needs to have a ponytail in her hair when she helps Mommy make cake!

Missy was helping me hold the mixer while we mixed up a cake together. Megan crawled up on the chair next to her, and Missy bent down to talk to her. Before I could say, "Missy, your hair is too close to the . . ." her hair was wound up all the way to her head, and I had completely forgotten how to turn off the mixer. It's amazing how blank my mind went!

I got it turned off, and Steve came in and unwound her hair. She ended up with a Princess Leah-type bun on the side of her head that was coated in yellow cake batter! She now has even thinner hair on one side of her head! Poor girl. It was pretty traumatic!

2 comments:

Haley said...

OH I remember that! So traumatic. I love flashback friday. too bad my kids are really too young to flashback...

Chantel said...

That reminds me of something Jacyn did a week or two ago.... She was playing with her Zhu Zhu pet and she put it up to her head and it wound her hair up into its wheels. I ended up having to cut a little chunk of her hair out, but it's not noticable.