Monday, July 4, 2011

38 and Forgetful


I officially turned 38 a week or two ago, and it must have increased my forgetfulness.  I'll get to that in a minute.

First of all, thanks to everyone for the Facebook and email well wishes.  My sister was right, it is fun to have your birthday listed on Facebook.  It was a great birthday.  Steve remembered to tell me "Happy Birthday" first thing (I've been working on training him to do that for years), and for the first time since I can remember, I got a cake!  Simple pleasures.

So, does 38 mean the beginning of the end?  A friend and I trade babysitting for date night.  She called last Thursday and asked if Steve and I could watch her kids Saturday night while she and her husband went out for their anniversary.  I said, "Sure."

Friday afternoon, I got an email from my mom wishing me and Steve an early happy anniversary.  Anniversary?  Um, oops.  Our anniversary was Saturday, too!  Steve and I both totally forgot.  It was absolutely fine to babysit--especially since we didn't have any anniversary plans--but it was pretty funny.  You'd think when my friend mentioned it was her anniversary it might have triggered something in my brain.  Nope.  Brain's fried.

Well, anyway, Happy Anniversary, honey!  Love you! 13 great years!

No comments: