
We have hard water. Our dishes look horrible! The more we wash them, the worse they look. Today, as I pulled out sippy cups that were coated in a white film, I was pretty frustrated. Then I remembered a bottle of a little something called Lemi Shine that I bought when we lived in our town home. It didn't help there, but I thought, "Why not? I'll try it again." Voila! One washing and my dishes look fabulous! The white film is gone. If you could see me now, you'd see me doing a happy dance!
If anyone is wondering about this fabulous dishes saver, here's the scoop. My neighbor from our town home days recommended this product. She first used it do get rid of years of hard water deposits that coated her rental dishwasher. Just add Lemi Shine to your regular detergent. I use the powder tablets. I put one tablet in the regular spot and filled up the empty space with Lemi Shine. Then I put Lemi Shine in the prewash spot. It only took one washing to fix my problem, but for a serious build up--like my neighbor's--it took a few weeks to get rid of all the build up. You can find Lemi Shine in the dishwashing aisle. It's not cheap, so I hope I can get away with using it only every few washings.
Have a great night, and I wish you all clean dishes! (It's amazing how giddy I feel about something so silly as sparkling dishes!)

4 comments:
We were having that same problem with our dishwasher when we first moved. Dan got some dishwasher cleaner stuff and JetDry and we changed the kind of dish detergent we were using and it all worked. We now have sparkling dishes. I know how you feel though, I was so angry every time I emptied the dishwasher and had to rewash everything because they weren't clean.
You should get a water softener. We have one. Of course, we don't use it, but it's nice to know we have it! :) tee hee.
You reminded me of our dishes growing up. So glad you found a solution to your problem.
I had the exact same experience with our house in Nevada. It made me crazy how cloudy everything looked. I bought some Lemi Shine and I did a happy dance of my own. I was so happy about it that when it went on sale, I bought it as Christmas gifts for all of our neighbors and ward friends that year.
Post a Comment