Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wii--Whee!

I don't like video games. I don't really want them in my house--much to Steve's dismay. (I don't mind if he plays them. I just don't really want the girls to watch the violence or play them themselves.) As they get older and play more at friends' houses, I'm sure this will become a problem, but for now, the girls don't mind.

I have decided, though, that there is one game I will allow in the house. wii. Have you tried one? I love that the goal of the wii seems to be to get kids (and adults) up and moving--instead of sitting like couch potatoes.

Before Christmas, Jenny and Mick visited with their kids and brought their wii. They have brought it before, but I have never tried it. Well, this time, they brought the new outdoor wii adventure (I'm not sure of the name). I tried a running race, and even I was hooked! Here's Megan giving the running race a shot. You can see that we had as much fun watching as she had running!



Yes, Steve. This is one game system you can buy--but not just yet. Maybe next Christmas.

1 comment:

Brigette said...

I was never a fan either but Justin and I got a Wii from Santa this year. It's been a fun wholesome family activity. It helps that it belongs to us, we can control the time spent on it.