Friday, August 6, 2010

Prayers


Last night, I listened to Lacie say her prayers.  In her sweet little voice, she thanked Heavenly Father for the food (she always forgets it's not meal time), for Mommy, Daddy, Megan, and Melissa.  Then there was a pause, and in a new, stern voice, she said, "B . . . u . . . t . . . . we don't like bad dreams!"  (I'll admit, I peeked.  Her face was all screwed up like she was scolding a toddler.)  Then back to her sweet voice.  "Please bless us that we won't have any bad dreams."

When she was finished, Megan exclaimed, "That was a weird prayer." 

I don't think so.  We're always told to talk to our Father in Heaven as we would talk to a friend.  I love how Lacie just jumped in and told Heavenly Father what was bothering her.

Thanks for the smile, Lacie.

No comments: