I have reasons for my strict rules about nail polish. Perhaps some of you might remember this Flashback Friday post?
Last night, the girls all wanted their nails painted, but we ran out of time. I told them if they hurried and got ready for school (including doing their morning jobs), I would paint their nails if their was extra time. They worked hard and earned the right to polish.
Here's where I did something stupid. I broke my rules. Instead of sitting on floor in the bathroom and painting their nails while they sat on a stool--with all nail polish bottles on the floor (that's the important part), we went into the kitchen. The girls sat in a chair while I painted--with the nail polish bottles on the table--high above my hard stone tile floor.
You can guess where this is going, right?
Of course, Lacie had to look at the bottles while her sisters were getting painted. Of course, she dropped the darkest color, and it shattered all over the kitchen floor--splashing deep brownish purple all over the tile, grout, two kitchen chairs, and her own legs.
So, now it's ten minutes before school starts. Do I save the floor and make the girls late for school, or hurry and take the girls to school? Of course----I save the floor! Thank goodness for an almost completely full bottle of non-acetone nail polish remover. As I hurried to clean up, I knocked it over and dumped most of it over the kitchen table! Ahhhhh! Anyone else become extremely clumsy when they are in a hurry?
The girls made it to school. Megan got there with a minute to spare. Melissa rode her bike. I think she was probably a few minutes late.
Fortunately, besides some pink-tinted grout, here's all that remains of the nail polish:
Lesson learned. Don't break your own rules!!!
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
When Jacyn dumped an entire bottle of fingernail polish out onto our tile at our rental house Dan used pure acetone and it came completely out of the grout.
I broke the same rule Saturday! The lessons we learn...
Post a Comment