Late last night, an ALS research team at Northwestern University in Chicago announced that they identified the cause of ALS, a finding described as "the biggest break-through in ALS history."
Many of you know that our good friend and neighbor was diagnosed with ALS this year (because he's your good friend and neighbor, too!). We love the Thomas family so much. Jena came over to share the news on Monday, and I have never wished I could do cartwheels more than at that moment! (I must admit that I did quite the "Happy Dance" after she left.)Now that the cause of ALS is known, researches believe an effective treatment will follow shortly. They hope that within a year they will have medications ready for clinical trial and also feel that current medications may be effective in treating ALS.
We're so grateful for this fantastic news! This is truly a miracle. Please join our prayers that the researchers will quickly find a cure.
If you want to read more about it or watch the video, go here.

No comments:
Post a Comment