I've been tagged! This is the first time I've been tagged. I was going to do it later, but since it's after midnight, and I'm still up anyway . . . here goes!
1. I love to create things. I never get my house decorated because I think that someday I will have time to make the things that I envision for my walls. (Dream on, Heidi!) I have fabulous things in mind for the girls' rooms, but I wonder if I will ever get to them. I love to digital scrapbook, but so far, I have spent more time creating books for my kids then I have actually scrapping.
2. I love to read . . . at the breakfast table, on the couch, on the floor, in the car, in the bathroom, in the tub (but not the shower--that doesn't work well) (you get the point). If I could, I would sit down and read a novel cover to cover without doing anything else. (Of course, I can't really do that!)
Thanks Marisa for posting the link to sunshine state books. I love those! Here's the link for anyone looking for good books: http://myssyra.org/grades6_8/68list.html These are summer reading books for kids in Florida. I haven't read any from this year's list, but I have always enjoyed the ones I have read in the past.
3. I would like to write and illustrate children's books some day. I won't be posting the book I'm working on for Melissa because I hope to someday finish it for actual publishing. I sometimes dream science fiction/fantasy type story ideas, but I can never remember them in the morning! I have a few ideas for children's books. We'll see if I ever get to it. I hope so!
4. I am fascinated by anatomy and physiology. I love how the human body works. I took all sorts of cool science classes in high school and college, and even dissected a cat. For extra credit, I saved all the bones from the cat's arm and claw, cleaned them all up, put them back together and mounted and labeled them. (Thanks, Mom, for letting me boil cat bones on the kitchen stove! It was cool at the time, but it sounds pretty gross now!) Most of my electives in high school were science classes. I was premed in college for several semesters--until I took Chem 105 and decided it wasn't the route for me!
5. I am extremely distractable! I have a hard time sticking to one thing until it is done. I am the type of person who starts cleaning the kitchen, sees a toy on the counter and picks it up to take it to the playroom. Once in the playroom, I will start cleaning that until I find something that goes in Melissa's room. Then I'll go to that room and get stuck there. If the phone rings on the way, then I'm really in trouble! Or, maybe I'll think of something I need to email someone really quick. While on the computer, I'll remember that I had a question I wanted to google. Etc, etc, etc! I could work on the house all day, and you'd never know it because I only accomplished a little bit in each room.
6. I used to do theater as a kid and as a teenager. I love being in plays! I was never the star, but I did have a couple of good parts. My favorite was playing the mother of Marian the Librarian in The Music Man. I wore a life jacket and a stuffed DD size bra under my costume to make me look fat. (It was hilarious because I was quite the stick in high school. I ended up with this tiny little head poking up from this huge body!) I also had to learn to speak with an Irish accent (which I can still do).
Check back later for a picture of me in my fat suit. I have to find it.
I double tag Jennifer T!!!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like you would really enjoy the human body exhibit that's up in SLC right now!
Ewwww! Your mom is nice letting you boil cat bones. I've never heard of that before. I never would've imagined you would do that. Ewww again!
I'm just like you in your number 5, so funny.
Post a Comment