I love the way it turned out! I hope it looks okay in book form, because I think she is going to love it. Here it is!

















If you can't read the fine print, here's what it says: "The puppets and houses featured in this book were created by Melissa Fowler at age 5.
She did the coloring and much of the drawing by herself—with a little bit of help from Mommy.
This story is written exactly as Melissa told it on November 17, 2008 (age almost 7)."
Melissa tells this story differently every time she tells it, but this is the version she told when I asked her to dictate the story to me. She has no idea why I wanted to write it down. It's pretty generic until the wolf goes to the hospital! I love that part!
If Melissa were to re-illustrate this, I'm sure her wolf would look much more realistic, but I just love this age 5 version!

9 comments:
Way too cute. I am impressed that you still have a story she illustrated 2 years ago!! What a treasure for her to keep forever. You did a GREAT job putting it all together.
That is a great gift for her to have. It looks great!
For some reason, Melissa really loved the popsicle stick pigs she made in preschool. When she got home, she wanted to make a wolf and houses to go with them. We laminated them, and she has kept them in a manila envelope ever since. She gets them out every once in a while and tells the story to anyone who will listen. (I really do throw away most of the stuff she brings home. She frequently finds her school papers in the garbage. Then I get in trouble!)
That is SO cute!! Neat!!
I love that. It's so great.
Oh by the way, Jacyn was sitting on my lap while I was scrolling through the book and was pointing and gabbing at it, so it must be good. I love the look of your blog too.
how cute is that? So much fun! She will love it. I wish that I had gotten on top of these type of projects. I had great ideas to do a book about Hannah's adventures in Kindergarten...perhaps next year...or her birthday...
I love it!!! Cute idea.
Way cute!
Post a Comment