Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Our Thankful Tree


This is our Thankful Tree. During family night, we drew pictures or wrote down the things we are thankful for. This bulletin board has been sitting in the playroom since we moved in. We haven't quite gotten in on the wall. It's usually decorated with a monthly calendar and things from when I taught school. For now, it has become our Thanksgiving decoration.

Here's a closeup and a list of the things the girls are thankful for:

Lacie: crayons (she just scribbled all over her leaves)
Megan: turtles, Daddy, Mommy, Lacie, Melissa, butterflies (and some pictures that we can't identify :)
Melissa: dark and light, fish, flowers, Thanksgiving, Lacie, butterflies, Jesus, the sun, birds, the temple, Mom, our home, and trees (I'm sure she meant to draw Megan and Daddy too!)

Mom and Dad colored leaves, too, but the kids things are more fun!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE this idea! I will totally do this with my family next year. We did a turkey where we wrote on the feathers what we were thankful for...but the big tree is sooooooooo much cooler! You rock, mom!

Chantel said...

So cute, I love it. You are so creative and talented. That tree is beautiful. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.