Friday, June 26, 2009

When the ABC's go terrible wrong

How many posts filled with Lacie covered in various household products or getting into various forms of mischief can you read before you start to believe that my supervising skills are seriously lacking? That's probably true, but I promise . . . this time it wasn't my fault!

One minute, Lacie was sitting on my lap watching herself sing the ABC song I had just recorded, and the next, she was off to the playroom (right next to me), playing quietly in a fairly baby proof room. How was I supposed to know that Melissa, who had just been playing beauty salon with a few friends, left her jewelry box (that should permanently reside in a top shelf in her closet) sitting harmlessly on the table in the playroom? And how was I supposed to know that it had a drawer reserved exclusively for Chapstick and lip gloss?

The result? Well, see for yourself.


So, my two minutes of quickly uploading this video turned into a cherry Chapstick makeover.

Here's what the post was supposed to say:

Just for fun, I had the girls sing the ABC song for me. This may be a post only a Grandma can love! (Lacie can sing it better, but I don't know if I'll ever get it recorded. Don't you love how she changes key at "c"? She does it every time.)


5 comments:

Nathaly said...

Well, I'm not a grandma but I still love it. So cute!

Chantel said...

So, so cute. I love Lacie's rendition, just adorable.

Haley said...

so cute! worth the mess!

Jenny D. said...

Aunts and cousins love it too!

Jenni said...

Oh my! At least it doesn't look like it got in her hair.:)