Thursday, December 31, 2009

Desert Angels


At times when life is at its craziest, I often think how boring my life (and my blog) will be when Lacie and Megan are old enough to stay out of mischief. Fortunately, Melissa reminded me the other day that older kids can do silly things, too!

Melissa spent the day playing on the trampoline with several friends. When she and a friend came home, they had suspicious balls smaller than the head of a pin in their hair. On closer inspection, they also had them in their noses and sticking all over them. When asked about the strange balls (which turned out to by styrofoam beads), they seemed as puzzled as I, explaining that they had no idea what they were. It wasn't until Melissa changed for a shower and I discovered the beads were everywhere (and I do mean everywhere) that I got the full story.

It seems that the kids found a discarded broken toy that was leaking the beads. They took turns emptying the beads on the trampoline to make it "snow." Then, they laid in it, jumped in it, and made "snow angels."

The good news is that the dryer pulls the balls into the lint trap. I shudder to think how long it will take to remove staticy balls from a staticy trampoline! My apologies to the neighbor.

1 comment:

Chantel said...

That's what those little balls looked like to me, something from a stuffed animal. I'm glad that you finally got the story out of her. Funny.