Do you ever have those times when there is so much to do that you'd rather just do nothing? That's how I feel about my holiday posts! We had such a great vacation, and I have a million pictures. There are so many that I don't know how I can possibly choose the best!
The Monday before Christmas, we headed to Michigan for 12 days at my parent's house with my entire family. We do this every two years, and we love it. That's 10 adults and 13 children in one house. It's a good thing that my parents have a lot of room.
The adventure began at the airport. We shared a flight with my sister, Jenny, and her family. Because of the airlines new policy about paying an additional fee for each checked bag, we all had to get creative with our carry-ons. My kids are little, so we couldn't do much, but Jenny and each member of her family had a rolling carry-on and a back pack or computer bag. My kids each had a small backpack. Just picture my sister and me being dropped curbside by our husbands (who took the cars to park in a friend's garage) with seven kids, a stroller, two car seats, and about 21 pieces of luggage. You'd think it got better after we checked our luggage, but that only removed five suitcases and two car seats from the pile.
I rented a smart cart to carry our bags, but stupidly returned it after we checked our bags. I didn't realize I could've taken it all the way to the gate. We were quite the picture--Megan slowing us down by trying to walk on the lights that were reflected from the ceiling, and my nephew colapsing out of mock exhaustion every thirty feet or so. It was hilarious! (At least it is now.)
We arrived in plenty of time, so it really wasn't bad. We had a good laugh. My neice, Rachel sat between Melissa and Lacie, Megan sat with Steve, and I sat between Nicole and Brad (14 and 12). I was in 7th Heaven! I don't know when I last took a flight where I didn't spend the whole time wrestling kids. It was fantastic. Thanks, again Rachel!
We arrived in Michigan after midnight to find out that our rental cars were still available, but that the rental agent had gone home! The girls and I rode with my mom and lots of the luggage, but the others all had to wait while the men tracked down some cars. We went to bed around 2 Michigan time. It sounds bad, but everyone was in good spirits--the kids included--so it really wasn't too big a deal. (It was only midnight for us. I'm sure my parents were exhausted!)
Anyway, I have no pictures for this part, and I'm sure you're all bored by now, so I'll end this post and continue later.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment