Monday, January 11, 2010

Thanks, Dads

One of the best things about our trip was that Uncle Mick planned several fun activities, and the dads all helped carry them out. (Sorry, Moms, if you helped too.) That means that the ladies got to "put our feet up" a little bit. (There was plenty of work to do while the kids were gone, but it was nice to have some quiet for a little while.)

The kids did a Geocache scavenger hunt for to find prizes they had purchased at the dollar store. (If you have never heard of Geochaching, try this link: www.geocaching.com)

The kids went sledding at my old elementary school. (Lacie was a little too young for this trip, but she still wanted to sled. The big kids took the sleds, so Steve took her sledding on an old plastic rocking horse he found in the garage!)

Uncle Jeff has a really fancy camera. This pic of Megan is cool because you can tell she's traveling really fast. (The speed of the hill is a good reason why the moms weren't involved in this activity. I probably would've freaked out and taken Megan home when I saw the steepness of the hill. I'm wimpy that way.)


The kids went to one of those places with bounce houses and huge slides. Judging by the pictures, I think they had a great time.


The big kids also got to go on a cousins' temple trip, but none of my kids were old enough.

We had a great Family Home Evening lesson and activity planned by Aunt Susan.

The grown ups got to do some fun stuff, too.

We went to the temple, had a ladies-only lunch, and saw lots of movies. Steve and I saw Sherlock Holmes (it was good, but you can wait to rent it--don't spend money for the theater) and New Moon (finally); Haley and I took the little girls to see The Princess and the Frog, and the men saw Avatar. (I wanted to see Avatar, too, but I decided not to crash the mens' day out.)

It was a great trip!

No comments: