I just got back from date night with Steve. (Hopefully, we'll keep this up. We don't get out much.) We saw Avatar. All I can say is, "Wow."
I've read complaints about the plot, but I didn't think the plot mattered that much. (It was predictable, but still a good story.) The important part was the visual world created for the movie. It was absolutely amazing. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Be sure you see it in 3D. It's not the gimmicky ladder-in-the-face 3D. Just 3D that makes you feel like you are actually in the movie. It's PG-13, so there is some bad language. For a movie with lots of military characters, though, the language is pretty tame. It's also super long, but unlike the Lord of the Rings series, I didn't find myself checking the time once. I only wished it would keep going. I'd love to go back to planet Pandora and learn more about life there. Somebody has a really good imagination!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You went already? I'm jealous!
It was VERY cool visually! I can't even imagine all the work it took to make that movie!
Post a Comment