Ever since someone spoke in church and mentioned that they take their kids camping for dates with Dad, Steve has been a marked man. Melissa has wanted to go camping ever since, and she's pretty good at talking Daddy into things.
Early in the week, Melissa told me we were going camping this weekend. As the weekend got closer, I got more details. "We are camping out in the backyard with Daddy, and Daddy says you only have to come if you want to."
What? Mommy can maybe sleep in her soft bed while everyone else camps outside? It didn't take me long to accept that offer!
Steve is not your basic, boring backyard camper. He really made it fun for the girls. Here they are making s'mores. (The neighbor kids joined in. It's hard to resist a tent and a "campfire.)
The girls had fun roasting and eating chocolate and marshmallows, but I'm not sure if any of them actually tasted a s'more. (Except Lacie. She'll try anything.)
Lacie and I had to show off our s'more faces.
S'mores were following by a rowdy game of "shark" (a game the kids made up), and then it was time for bed. Here are the happy campers!
Except for a noisy dog (who was thankfully taken in the house around 11:30), it was a pretty good night for camping. The girls had a great time, and Steve was still alive in the morning, so I think he had fun, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Even though I'm sure Lacie had a fun time, that last picture of her sure doesn't look like it. Looks like they all had a fun time.
How fun! When we were kids, my parents got us each our own tent, and I think we must have spent the whole summer camping on the front lawn.
Post a Comment