Friday, August 27, 2010

Silver Lake Rewind

During our trip to visit the Baker family over the 4th of July, we discovered a new place to explore.  If you can endure the winding, car-sickness inducing ride to the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon, you'll love it.  (I was miserable by the time we made it to the top!)

Apparently we weren't the first to stop for a picnic lunch.  The squirrels were quite tame.  Lacie was a little worried about them trying to steal her sandwich.  You have to look closely to see the squirrel.



The area is simply a boardwalk/path around a lake.  You are surrounded by lake and pretty forest.  It's a really nice, easy hike.  You can make it as fun as you want to.  Just follow Lacie and Megan's example.





The path made a really nice airplane runway!





So, next time you're in the area and want to see some pretty scenery, check out Silver Lake.  (But bring a jacket.  It's cold at the top of the mountain--and a little windy.)

1 comment:

Chantel said...

I have a bunch of great pictures of squirrels from that lake that I took years ago.