Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Easy Come, Easy Go

Our story begins with a beautiful Christmas morning--complete with three surprised and very happy little girls:




The trampoline fit perfectly into it's new home in our backyard.  We didn't realize that the home was only temporary.

A month later, our story ends with a windstorm.  Apparently, our trampoline was unhappy in our backyard and wanted to try out the driveway across the street.


Since Steve could not leave work, three of my neighbors (thank you, thank you, thank you) helped me move the trampoline into it's new home--the garage . . .

. . . leaving the van and Steve's car homeless.



And (can you believe it?), the trampoline took out a roof shingle on it's way to the neighbors'.  I was sitting in the den when I heard what sounded like a freight train going by the house.  Imagine my surprise when I glanced out the window in time to see the trampoline literally fly across the street!


Boy am I glad we decided not to go with the "expensive" trampoline!

3 comments:

Chantel said...

Save the mat, they are the most expensive part. I'm sure you will be able to find a trampoline frame for very cheap or free. What size is the trampoline? Too bad we didn't keep our frame from when Thomas cut our trampoline mat. I guess our trampoline hasn't blown away because we didn't put the net around it at our new house.

Haley said...

is it ruined? so sad!

Susan G. said...

I agree..save the mat. There are always free frames on ksl.com!! What an exciting adventure! Glad no one was hurt!