Thursday, May 5, 2011

Handy Daddy

Any idea how long it takes to water 80 garden squares, a flower bed and three trees by hand? Up to 1 and 1/2 hours! Although I am developing a really nice farmer's tan, 1 1/2 hours of watering a day gets tiresome pretty quickly. (Since the garden is in squares, there are no troughs, so each square has to be watered separately.)

In spite of my constant watering, I'm pretty sure I didn't water enough. The plants are taking much too long to grow, and they all seem shorter than they should be.

The solution? . . . Super Daddy to the rescue! (You may remember Super Daddy from this post.)


Thanks Steve for researching drip lines and then installing this awesome watering system!






Now if only we could figure out how long and how often we should water, our garden would have it made!

No comments: