Sunday, May 29, 2011

Baby Steps


Dear Megan,

You will be six years old in a few weeks.  Up until today, if anyone asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up, you always said, "A Mom."  Melissa would always try to tell you that you could be a mom and something else, but you just wanted to be a mom.

Tonight, after you were tucked in, you came into Melissa's room (where I was reading her a story).  That's nothing new.  You get out of bed all the time.  But this time was different.  You head hung low, and you were wearing a very sad expression.  With a quivering voice, you explained, "Mom.  I don't want to be a mommy."

To read more:  follow this link

*This is a post from my other blog, but the story was so sweet, that I am posting a link here.

No comments: