Saturday, November 29, 2008

Holy cow!

When Melissa was learning to talk (in Maryland), she used to sit in her car seat and point out all the trucks we passed in the car. We would hear, "Truck!" or "Big truck," over and over. Things with Lacie are a little different.

We went on a road trip down I-15 to visit family for Thanksgiving, and we didn't hear one "Big Truck." Instead, we heard, "Cow!" (over and over and over!) I guess there is quite a difference between Maryland and Utah! It made me laugh. Lacie has kind of a deep voice, so it is so funny to hear her say cow.

Here's a clip of Lacie doing her animals sounds with Daddy. She says cow, but it's not quite the same as when she says it spontaneously. (During our trip, I turned around just in time to see her whip her binky out of her mouth, point out the window and excitedly say "cow." Okay--I just can't put the way she says it into writing. She says it really enthusiastically, but her voice is a low monotone. That's what makes it so funny.)

Anyway, here's the clip:

Okay--I just listened to this, and it doesn't even sound like she's saying cow! Oh, well. I promise--she says it really funny!

5 comments:

Christensen Family said...

How do you add video clips???

Megan said...

so so cute! In Katy's world the cows say "boooooo" as well. I love it!

Heidi said...

I just looked at your cute blog, so I know you already know how to put on photos. If you look next to the spot where you added a photo, there is an icon for video. First you have to download the video clip from your camera and save it to your computer. Once it's saved to your computer, you should be able to add it by clicking the filmstrip icon (to the right of the photo icon).

Good luck!

Haley said...

she's so cute. Teach her what the monkey says. That's a favorite with Jason's niece...

Chantel said...

I love that clip, it's so cute.