We brought a cake for Melissa's b-day on Monday. (As if we didn't have enough dessert already!) Here are the girls with their cake and ice cream. (Not very exciting, I'm afraid, but we were too busy eating to take pictures!) We were worried that Lacie wouldn't be able to handle the ice cream, but she handled it like a pro (until she took off her bib and tried to clean up her drips). (I wish we had an after picture. Thanks, Alesha for cleaning her up--and I'm sure I spelled your name wrong!)

We didn't get many pics with family, but here's one with Donnelle--Steve's oldest sister. Steve is the youngest of 10! Steve has a toddler, and Donelle is a grandmother of a toddler (a very young-looking grandma, don't you think?).
Melissa was absolutely obsessed with the wishbone. She slept with it next to her bed, and in the morning I was awakened by, "Mom. Do you think the wishbone is ready yet?" Here is Melissa breaking the wishbone with her cousin Brandi. Thankfully, the bone was not quite dry enough, so it snapped into three pieces. We decided that meant both people get their wishes. Melissa told me today that she had wished for a bowling alley. I guess that wish won't come true since she said it out loud! Too bad. She had such good chances of getting a bowling alley for Christmas!
On Friday, Gaylyn watched Megan and Melissa while Steve, Lacie, and I went shopping. We learned that was a stupid thing to do! The lines were too long to make the deals worth it, and most stores were already out of the deals we were looking for. It did give me a much-needed opportunity to window shop with Steve, however. Now I'll have an idea of what to look for when I start seriously shopping. Thanks, Gaylyn!
After a lunch of yummy homemade pizza, the grownups (and teenagers) went to see Twilight. Again, many thanks to Gaylyn who stayed with the girls. (She had seen the movie already.) We loved it. There were a few things I would change, but I still give it a thumbs way up!
We spent the rest of the evening with leftovers, chats, and Wii.
It was a great trip! Thanks Jensens and Fausetts for having us!

2 comments:
Wow, you guys have been busy! Here are my comments all combined into one: I love your highlights, I enjoyed the scenic pictures, the bowling alley thing cracked me up, and I so feel for you with the throwing up fiasco. You don't know how many times Marcelo and I have been in that situation because of Diego's allergies to so many foods. It's not fun!
That sounds like a great trip. And of course it was made perfect by seeing Twilight! I saw it again too and want to see it more.
Post a Comment