Monday, March 30, 2009

Conference Idea

If it's not too late, here's an idea for helping the kids listen during General Conference.


We had a quick FHE tonight about Prophets as the Lord's mouthpiece. (If you want a great--very easy--lesson, go to this link: Friend magazine, April 2001 After talking about how important it is to listen to our prophet, the girls made a title page for their "Conference Notebooks."

I got these books for $1 after Valentine's Day at Walmart. They are very thick, full of blank paper, and have a magnet closure (very grown-up looking!). While we watch conference the girls can write down things they want to remember, draw pictures that go with the stories that are being told, write down questions they want answered, etc. (Okay, I know they are a little young, and they will probably draw more pictures than anything else . . . but it will hopefully be the start of a good habit.) At FHE next week, we will look at all of our notebooks (including the grown ups' notebooks) and talk about what we learned and maybe set some goals.

It sounds really good, doesn't it? I hope it goes well!

If you are wondering what General Conference is, scroll down towards the bottom of this post: General Conference Weekend

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Great idea Heidi!! We usually pull out our Conference Bingo sheets but I bet my kids would love a change. Thanks!