I finally figured out why sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a wall when I ask my kids to do things. It's because we are speaking two different languages. I'm speaking English, but my kids only speak Whine-ese!
They're such fluent speakers, that each child has been able to teach her younger sister Whine-ese without any help from textbooks or foreign language tapes and videos. My kids are brilliant!
*Note added 7/30/09.
If you are just now reading this, you should check out the comments, too. They are pretty funny and shed a lot of light on communication!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Very funny! My kids speak that too!:)
They much teach it in preschool. Then in middle school they teach eye rolling -- even more annoying!
That's it! You figured it out. I was wondering what was wrong with my kids too. Thanks for the help. Hee, hee.
Sometimes it feels like Levi speaks it exclusively. He's so hard to understand because he speaks it with a low mumble too. Yet, oddly, he can say thinks like "I want a Cookie" in perfect, audible English.
Post a Comment