Thursday, July 30, 2009

Conversations with the Wall

In defense for my "yelling up the stairs instead of going upstairs" behavior, I didn't feel well during this conversation, and I didn't want to move!

"Girls, please brush your teeth. Hurry."

Nothing but giggles and sounds of playing at the top of the stairs.

"Girls, are you brushing your teeth?"

"Can anyone hear me?"

Louder. "Girls. It's time for bed. Please brush your teeth."

I try another tactic.

"Melissa, please help your sisters get their toothbrushes ready."

Still nothing but sounds of continued playing--definitely close enough to be able to hear me.

I hear Megan on the stairs.

"Megan. Please go brush your teeth."

Nothing.

"Megan . . . Elizabeth . . . Fowler . . . can you hear a word I'm saying?"

"No."

Hmmm.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Love the "no"! Ha!

Jenny D. said...

Fabulous.

Jenny D. said...

Next time, try yelling "cookies and ice cream!" and see if their ears suddenly get unclogged.