Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Aren't we cool?



Here are the girls on Melissa's first day riding her bike to school. Don't they all look cool? Melissa let us walk with her for exactly 1 & 1/2 days. On the second day, when we met her at the corner by the school, instead of a, "Hi, Mom!" I got a, "What are you doing here? I can do this by myself!" Now the girls and I will be taking walks at the same time Melissa goes to school. We won't be walking Melissa to school; we will be walking near her!

Does anyone notice a problem with Melissa's bike? I forgot the little detail that children do outgrow their bikes! The poor girl pedals like mad, but her bike just won't go fast. It's too small. I feel so bad watching her ride to school like a little snail. She is begging for a new bike, and I want to give her one--today! I'm trying really hard to make her wait for her birthday. I don't want to be the parent that gives her everything she wants instantly. So, I'm trying to be a good mom and not spoil my child, but it is tough! It's a good thing her b-day is in December. I don't know how much longer I can hold out!

1 comment:

Chantel said...

Good idea to wait until her birthday, then you won't have to come up with something else when the day finally gets here. I know how you feel about waiting though, it's tough, but you gotta do it.