While reading a friend's blog about the Twilight series, I decided to go to Stephenie Meyer's website to look for a link to send the friend. In the past Stephenie had posted the first chapter of her book from Edward's perspective. When I went to look for it, it had been replaced by a letter about how the entire manuscript had been posted illegally on the web. Isn't that sad? I felt awful for her. Well, she decided to post it on her website so her fans wouldn't have to feel dishonest if they wanted to read it. If you are interested, here is the link to the posting: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html
I've started to read it, but it's tough to read on the computer. I feel like I'm shut away from the rest of the family while I try to read. Should I feel guilty for reading it, when the author really didn't intend for it to be out yet? What do you think?
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
OK, so how did I not know that you guys had a blog? I am so glad. We can keep up better now! We still would love to come to your house one of these days. So cute that Melissa rides her bike to school. Megan looks older already. And Lacey is just as cute as ever. I hope you guys are doing great! We would love to join your cul de sac...just find us a buyer for our house!
I heard about the illegal posting thing on Studio 5 awhile ago. I also remember them saying something about Stephenie not even publishing that book now, because of what happened. So, this might be the only way to read it.
Oh, I have to read it. I started, but it is so hard because it is on the computer. I hope she changes her mind and finishes it and publishes it. I love reading how Edward thinks!
Heidi -- Have you read any of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series? The first one is called "The Lightning Thief." I really liked them -- if you read them, let me know what you think. Your kids are adorable! I can't believe how much Lacey looks just like Megan!
I haven't read those, but I'm always looking for new ideas. Thanks. I'll give them a try.
I'm slightly confused. I read this same chapter on her website well over a year ago (with the same intro by her about how this was a character exploration, etc). Is that what leaked on the internet? How was it a leak if she had it on her website? Had she actually written more?
okay. sorry. i see now that i had followed the wrong link. much more to the story!
Unless she changed it since yesterday, the post is now the entire book!
Post a Comment