Not me--my sister. You all thought I meant me, didn't you? I have been waiting to post about this forever. Since Haley finally put the news on her blog, I can share it.
My baby sister is expecting twins (her first kids) in July. Wow! My older sister, Jenny, also has twins. Hers are fraternal, and Haley's will be identical. This probably isn't exciting to most of you, but it's exciting to me. I know a few of my blogger friends have twins. Feel free to send me advice to pass on to Haley. For example, what type of stroller do you think is best for twins?
So how did I miss the twins thing? Steve also has a sister with identical twins, so it apparently runs in both our families. I have dreamed about having twins since I was a teenager, but I guess I must have been dreaming about someone else's kids!
Anyway . . . Congrats to Haley and Jason on their double big news.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How great for your sister. Since she's starting out with twins, once she has just one baby, it'll be a breeze!
That was just mean! You know I thought it was you when I saw the title. I'm just as excited for your sister though!
With James and Thomas I had a Graco DuoGlider. It was inexpensive as double strollers go, but it didn't last for a long time. By the time we moved to Colorado, I was tired of it. But, it held two infant car seats, which is what I needed. Once in Colorado (the boys were 2.5), we bought this Eddie Bauer double stroller that I loved--I don't remember what it was called and I've since given it away. It was much more compact than the duo glider when folded, and had a tighter "turning radius" that made it easier to manuever around stores. I think it may have been this one: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/bab/1024648875.html. I definitely like tandem strollers better than side-by-side. Oh, and one more piece of stroller advice: Buy two umbrella strollers for when you need to take them somewhere individually. If she wants, they sell stroller connectors (at Babies R Us) to connect two umbrella strollers. But, on the whole, side-by-side strollers are too hard to manuever in most places.
The only other advice I can think of off hand is to get the twins on the same schedule. When one is hungry, feed both. When one is tired, put them both to bed. It may seem wrong to treat them as a unit, but if you don't do that in the early days, you'll never sleep! (But be sure to give them each individual time, especially as they get older!)
Let me know if there's any other questions I can answer, though with an older sister with twins, she probably already has a great resource for advice! Anyway, congratulations to your sister!
Post a Comment