Last night, I was going to fix spaghetti, but I was feeling creative. I decided to experiment. Spaghetti with crazy noodles turned into a pretty yummy new recipe. All three girls gobbled it up. I call that a success! If you want to try it, here's what I did (I didn't measure much, so I hope the amounts are right):
10 oz Radiatore Pasta, cooked and drained according to package directions
6 oz spinach, cooked and drained
When pasta and spinach are almost done, prepare sauce. (Sauce takes 5 minutes or less.)
Mock Alfredo Sauce:
2 Tbs butter, 2 Tbs flour, 1 C milk
Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in flour with whisk. Quickly add milk and stir until mixture bubbles and thickens (over medium or lower heat). Add salt and pepper to taste. Add parmesan cheese to taste (I think I added about 1/4 cup). Add about 1/2 tsp fresh chopped basil. (Dried would work, too.)
Stir the spinach into the sauce and then add it to the pasta and stir again. Garnish with more parmesan if desired. (Steve added a little salt.)
I was so excited to find something that my whole family enjoyed that I had to share! I hope your family likes it too. (I think the fun-shaped noodles added to the appeal of the recipe.)
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
maybe my kids would actually eat spinach that way. maybe.
Post a Comment