School started on Thursday, and my "Miss Independent" didn't need her old mom at all. She met her friend and they rode their bikes together. Of course, I had to come up with an excuse to go to the school anyway. (The little girls and I walked to the school to pay for Melissa's lunch.) I tried to sneak around the school to Melissa's classroom to check if she made it, but found her outside helping another girl find her classroom. When did my Melissa get so confident? I'm proud, but I miss being needed (a little bit).
Here she is in the standard, boring in-front-of-the-door pose. I thought of coming up with something more interesting, but why break with tradition?
2 comments:
Cute first day pictures!! Glad she feels so confident at school - that's great!
Thomas did the same thing. I'm nervous for Monday, to see how Letty does coming home on the bus alone.
Post a Comment