Sunday, August 30, 2009

Liquid Gold

It's that time of year again! Peaches!! Yum.

Thanks, Diane, for bottling with me. Just for history sake, this year we payed $25 for one box of peaches. (Maybe 1/2 a bushel?) Last year, we bought peaches from the church orchard for around $.15/pound. What a difference a year makes! The peach crop froze this year, so they were a lot more expensive.

Don't they look pretty? I love the look of bottled peaches (maybe it's just the pride of doing it yourself that makes them look so good).

I wish I could find pears and apples to bottle around here. My area has peaches and apricots galore, but I miss home bottled pears and applesauce.

2 comments:

Christensen Family said...

I wish we could find peaches or pears or apricots around here. They look beautiful! Good Job!

Stephanie said...

I am so impressed! What a useful thing to know how to do. One of these years I'll have to learn how. Way to go! They look delicious!