
The girls and I got our faces all done up for Halloween. (Steve opted to be the photographer.) Unfortunately, the girls had runny noses, so some of the makeup didn't last very long (Lacie). I thought Melissa's makeup was a little too much, so I went a little easier on the rest of us. Now that I look at the pictures, I like Melissa's the best! Now I know for next time, I guess. (Will there be a next time?)
Melissa has trick-or-treating all figured out, but she forgot to change her shoes before we left, so she was going a little slow in her new flip flops. (They gave her blisters.) She ended up in the stroller while Megan ran from house to house (well, as fast as a three-year-old runs when there are interesting things to look at along the way). Lacie had fun getting candy. She didn't really care how much she got as long as she had a piece in each hand. She was perfectly content to sit back, hold her candy, and watch everyone running around in their silly clothes.
We discovered a family in our neighborhood that goes to great lengths for a scary Halloween. I had to go to their door myself first to make sure they knew that they were about to get some very young (not so brave) trick-or-treaters. They graciously refrained from moaning, turning on the chainsaw, and reaching out to grab the kids. I'm telling you, they were very scary! They actually used real chainsaw (turned on) to chase kids! I hope the chain was removed. It was a little freaky! One of their kids was crawling across the grass (army style) across the street--dressed in camo and gore. I noticed him stealthily crawling toward me, and said, "Wow! You really scared me. You look great." He acted like he had not even heard me and continued to creep toward me and my kids in an undead fashion. He was very in character. Needless to say, we didn't spend a lot of time in that area! I'm sure the older kids enjoyed it, though.
Here are some pics of us all dressed up and ready to go! (Of course, you have to see from the back, too! Everyone has tails, but the black ones are hard to see.)



5 comments:
So CUTE!!! What a creative ambitious mommy!!
This is adorable!!! I love it. You all look great!
I love how you all match! That is really cute.
such a cute little kitty family! I'm a little disappointed that I don't get to see your hubby dressed up as a kitty...that just would have completed things nicely!
The costumes turned out so cute. I love the painted faces, you did an awesome job.
Post a Comment